Monday, April 2, 2007

Wisconsin Carp Championship

I'm looking forward to the weather warming up and a new competition in June: This is the first year of The Wisconsin Carp Championship! I've been talking with the American Carp Society for a little while about helping to organize a catch-and-release Carp Competition; and I'm finally getting off my butt and putting it together.

It should be a really fun event, with competitors hopefully from outside the state, as well as us locals of course. I'd like to get a few entrants from outside the US too, fingers crossed that their busy schedules and the rising cost of airfares won't get in the way.

Details for your Diary are:
First Wisconsin Carp Championship - June 16th & 17th, at Jefferson Park, Menasha. Rules and Entry Form from me, just email me and I'll send you a copy. Only Carp and Rough Fish to count (Bowfin and Gar Anglers also welcome!); and we're hoping to keep the administration costs really low, so we can pay out 75%+ of the entry fees as prizes and trophies. Entry fee is $120 per Angler, or $100 if you are a current member of the American Carp Society or Carp Anglers Group; maybe now would be a good time to join? :o) More news as it happens, watch this space or respond to this blog/email me and I'll keep you up to date.

No comments: